1. Yech...it is a beautiful day out. And here I am stuck inside the office with all this paper work.
(哎,外面天氣那麼好,我卻得守在辦公室內處理這些文件。)
2. How am I to know what I'm supposed to do if there's no organization around here?
(如果這里那麼沒有條理,我怎麼曉得該做些什麼好呢?)
3.The company is so cheap we have to sharpen our pencils until they're down to little stubs like this.
(公司這麼吝嗇,害得我們得把鉛筆用到這麼短。)
4.Now where did my eraser go this time?Don't take things off other people's desks without asking them,O.K.?
(這回我的橡皮又到哪里去了?不要不說一聲就拿別人桌子上的東西,好嗎?)
5.I want you to stop hogging my desk space,all right?
(你不要再占用我的桌子,好嗎?)
6.Turn the other way when you smoke,so I won't have to breathe it,all right?
(你抽煙時轉向那一邊,免得我吸到,行不行?)
7.Don't talk to me while I'm in the middle of calculating.
(我在計算時,別跟我說話。)
8.Ah,heck!Another mistake.The staff here can't even use their calculators right!
(真見鬼!又錯了。這里的職員連計算器都不能正確使用。)
9.Oh,why did he have to give me this rush job now that it's almost time for my lunch break!
(哎,快到午餐休息時間了,他為什麼非給我這個急件不可!)
10.I know I made a mistake.I just wish he wouldn't keep hammering away at it.
(我知道我犯錯誤了。我真希望他不要一直罵個不停。)
11.Doing this mindless work all day is going to drive me crazy.
(整天做這種不用動腦筋的工作,會使我發(fā)瘋的。)
12.Why do I have to do all these extra needless little jobs anyway?
(不管怎樣,為什麼我得做所有這些多余的、不必要的瑣碎工作?)
13.How come everyone in ourcompany is middle-aged stuffy?
(為什麼我們公司都是一些古板的中年人?)
14.Everytime he gets drunk,he goes into his lousy preaching routine.
(每次喝醉,他就開始他那令人討厭的說教。)
15.I don't understand what's going on inside these young people's heads.
(我不了解這些年輕人的腦子里想的是什麼。)
16.Say,don't you think Miss Black is using the phone too much for personal calls?
(喂,你不覺得布萊克小姐的私人電話打得太多嗎?)